Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pinnacle Perfecta Rods

Hands down this is the best Pinnacle rod I have ever fished. The Perfecta rods successfully break the mold of what many anglers might expect from the brand. These rods make use of quality components and a successful blank design that blends both power and sensitivity into a surprisingly crisp and lightweight blank.
I haven’t fished a telescopic rod for a long time, partly because I’ve been busy testing so many application specific sticks, but the multi-talented Perfecta 7’11” instantly brought me back to the days when I used to try and do it all with my trusty flipping sticks. If Pinnacle’s new Tournament Class baitcasting reels are as good as the Perfecta rods then things are about to get a lot more interesting. I’ll admit I was skeptical when I first heard that Pinnacle was offering “Tournament Class” rods to the market, but the Perfecta series proved to have what it takes to address serious fishermen and it is admirable that the company does so all while hitting aggressive price points, making them affordable to mainstream anglers. While it is hard to build a “perfect” rod Pinnacle comes pretty close with the Perfecta series when you consider the balance of both price and performance.

0 comments: